Adelaide Fishing

Wellzy94

Hey,

At the end of the month, I'm going to Adelaide for two weeks to compete in the Lasertag nationals competition. However I have one full day free to do what I want and roam the city, so I had a couple fishing-related questions;

1) Am I able to fish with just my NSW fishing fee receipt, or do I need to get one for while I'm in SA?

2) Any good landbased spots in or near the city, fresh or salt?

Cheers,

Wellzy

I was down there a couple of years back and decided to pack a fishing rod and do a bit of exploring. I found a couple of good places around West Lakes, Patawolonga Creek and the marinas.

The raised piers that face south along the beaches (start at Glenelg and follow the shoreline) are also popular fishing spots. Good for pike, KGW and squid. The squid were real monsters there and in good numbers. The only thing here is that the piers are so high up that a crab pot on a rope is required to land anything half decent. I'm sure though that someone will be able to assist you if you hook a stonker whiting off the pier!

Another spot that I heard about but didn't get time for was the St. Kilda area and breakwall to the north of the city.

As far as I know no license is required to fish in SA. They have some different size and bag limits so check out the Fishing SA app on your phone.

Edited by Mike89

Just now, Mike89 said:

I was down there a couple of years back and decided to pack a fishing rod and do a bit of exploring. I found a couple of good places around West Lakes, Patawolonga Creek and the marinas.

The raised piers that face south along the beaches (start at Glenelg and follow the shoreline) are also popular fishing spots. Good for pike, KGW and squid. The squid were real monsters there and in good numbers. The only thing here is that the piers are so high up that a crab pot on a rope is required to land anything half decent.

Another spot that I heard about but didn't get time for was the St. Kilda area and breakwall to the north of the city.

As far as I know no license is required to fish in SA. They have some differebt size and bag limits so check out the Fishing SA app on your phone.

Thanks mate! I'll probably just set up to spin lures and metals off the beach because of a lack of real time to dedicate to fishing, combined with the ease of access to the beach.

I had a look at their size and bag limits (45cm king, 46cm jew! :o) and I'll definitely take a look into that app!

Cheers,

Wellzy