Looking for Flounder

uglynine

59 minutes ago, fragmeister said:

Personally, I find the entrance to Middle Harbour pretty good for flounder. Washaway beach is generally spot as is Chinamans beach.

Drifting for them is generally best.

Cheers

Jim

Thanks!

58 minutes ago, rickmarlin62 said:

pretty hard species to target anywhere  more of a bycatch..we used to catch heaps in Swansea channel chasin flatties on small green feather jigs or cut down green twisters,,rick

Thanks!

3 hours ago, uglynine said:

Hey Guys, does anyone know where to find Flounder this season? where to look at? is any good spot in sydney harbour?? Thxxxx!

I'm with the other guys that I've always caught them as by catch drifting the sand flats for flattys.I  may be wrong but I have always caught them in the warmer seasons like spring/summer.

Whats the ideal season for them anyway anyone?Do they completely shut down or slow down in the cooler seasons?I don't recall we've catching one at those times.

Hi mate

are you fishing by boat and if so is your boat able to head outside for a quick journey to the northern beaches, if you do, i have some marks which should put in a decent chance with some good flounder grounds. Its deep water so 20m+

Sorry i dont have any reliable land based flounder marks :(

11 hours ago, GoingFishing said:

:PHi mate

are you fishing by boat and if so is your boat able to head outside for a quick journey to the northern beaches, if you do, i have some marks which should put in a decent chance with some good flounder grounds. Its deep water so 20m+

Sorry i dont have any reliable land based flounder marks :(

Thanks man, I am land base, and I do mainly bait fishing, it seems  flounder  eat everything, chicken, squid, small fish,etc. But I like eat flounder!!!!:P