Crabs and blackfish

Stapo

Headed out to Brisbane waters with Marvin yesterday (Wednesday) looking for some crabs for Easter. 

Not being an expert at catching them but we thought we'd give it a go as we have been told there is a few around. 

Armed with hand lines mullet,blackfish and chicken necks. 

The first catch was a nice blue swimmer followed by 4 more. Put them in the esky and was happy. Made a move and felt some heavy weight on the next one. Got excited when I seen the big orange nippers Marv netted it for me but shook it out in the small tinny. 

Well it was running around with its big nippers and I thought no way was I going to try to pick it up. Anyway we got him in the esky and had a bit of s laugh. 

Caught another 3 was a good day 

So today I went blackfishing for some more crab bait  the water was very clear and you could see the fish  great fun just kept a few IMG_4391.JPGIMG_4392.JPG

IMG_4390.JPG

20 minutes ago, RUT said:

Hey loose lips, you've had some fun haven't you.

See you on the weekend - hope to catch a few blackfish with you and make sure you've been a good boy !! 

Now come on Brucey.  I didn't say where I caught them I've been good. See ya on the weekend I'll leave weed in letterbox. 

3 minutes ago, Farvos said:

Nice catch. How do you get the crab? Just tie the meat to your line and drop  over the side and they grab on?

Pretty much it. We do have a small running sinker as well. But yeah just drop it over the side of your boat. When the hand line starts to move slowly wind it in and be ready with a net. Sometimes they let go of the bait so you have to lean over the side and get as deep as possible with the net. 

17 hours ago, Ryder said:

Well done Steve. Good to hear the blackfish make great bait for muddies. I would make that trade any day at $35 a kilo.

Chilli mud crab  my fav. You'd pay big money in a restaurant  thanks Andrew. IMG_4400.JPG