Wide reefs

samjames95

Went out wide today with a mate to fish the reefs. Extremely bumpy on sunrise through the heads, and overall a quite slow day. Managed 2 reddies, 5 flatties, 2 mowies and one of the biggest occys I've seen (photo doesn't do it justice) which followed up one of the several throwbacks of the day, out of the water by 1, to beat the crazy line ups at the ramp.

IMG_7634.JPG

Nice feed m8, its always bumpy through the heads with any swell due to the reverb of the cliffs. Only lasts for a while but puts many people off. What you must look for is the  primary groundswell and go off that, Or if your worried about the swell, always look at North and Middle Head to see if they are breaking.

A nice feed there Sam (except for the mowies)

Wanda Beach was a bit bumpy and lumpy today, waves coming in from a couple of different directions and not too good for a body surf, though the board riders were catching a few good rides.

Edited by Yowie

2 hours ago, Farvos said:

Greatlittle haul. Tomorrow looks sensational

Definitely, finally some clear weather

1 hour ago, big Neil said:

Enough there to keep things ticking over while you were out fishing. What will you do with the octopus? BN

Dad likes eating octopus, so weve cut the head off and Ill use it as bait for flattys or floated in a trail and Dad will eat the tentacles and body

28 minutes ago, finin said:

Nice feed m8, its always bumpy through the heads with any swell due to the reverb of the cliffs. Only lasts for a while but puts many people off. What you must look for is the  primary groundswell and go off that, Or if your worried about the swell, always look at North and Middle Head to see if they are breaking.

Thanks mate

Yeah the primary swell is important I know, the size doesn't seem to bother me so much its just when like this morning, the face of the swell is bumpy and not clean haha

24 minutes ago, Yowie said:

A nice feed there Sam (except for the mowies)

Wanda Beach was a bit bumpy and lumpy today, waves coming in from a couple of different directions and not too good for a body surf, though the board riders were catching a few good rides.

Thanks mate

Yeah it looked good for a wave, I had a few mates on skis out at Voodoo and Suck Rock getting tubed