BOAT WASHED UP ON ROCKS

mrsswordfisherman

The old lesson, never turn your back on the sea ... 

Either a very inexperienced Skipper , or just plain STUPIDITY

Explain that to the insurance company, seeing all caught on camera ....

Great_White

What where they thinking?It never ceases to amaze me the stupidity of some people.My biggest worry is anyone can buy a boat and head out to sea these days with very little to nil experience under their belt. 

The same goes to buying a boat and rocking up to pick it up and simply hitching it up and driving off without any regard given to weight distribution,tow bar down weight,towing experience etc.Some people shouldn't drive a car let alone tow a boat from what I've seen.Hope the boaters where ok in the end.

I see it and near misses similar to that all the time, especially kayakers who take the shortest path to their destination through a shallow area.

People not familiar with the area and not realising the potential size of breaking waves that can develop in shallowing water. 

I believe Ive just seen a boat in trouble off Narooma 9.45pm, notified the police who got onto the water police and it turns out theres a boat missing tonight out of Narooma. They were signalling only 200m off the rocks at dalmeny headland, the wind and chop are about 1.5m crashing over the rocks close to where Ive just seen the lights. Hopefully all ends well.