DARWIN in July

stricko4

Hey guys. I'm looking for some help. 4 of us are fishing DARWIN in early July. We're reef fishing with a good operator for 2 days but would like to chase pelagics on a smaller boat than theirs which fishes 12. Ideally we're looking to fish Darwin harbour chasing surface action for a day or 1/2 day.

Does anyone know a good operator that can handle 4 guys casting metals to plastics?

Stricko

• 3 weeks later...

Hi mate,

There used to be a guy I knew who catered for this style of fishing but he has since moved on.  I can't recommend anyone else but if you are there and have your own gear, why not hire a boat and take yourselves out.  There are numerous companies that hire 4m - 6m aluminium boats fully decked out with sounders, safety gear etc and the rates are very reasonable.  Hope this helps, cheers......

Dave

4 hours ago, Croydon said:

Hi mate,

There used to be a guy I knew who catered for this style of fishing but he has since moved on.  I can't recommend anyone else but if you are there and have your own gear, why not hire a boat and take yourselves out.  There are numerous companies that hire 4m - 6m aluminium boats fully decked out with sounders, safety gear etc and the rates are very reasonable.  Hope this helps, cheers......

Dave

Thanks Dave,

We've thought of that but weren't planning to have to take a stack of gear as the guys we've booked with provide all gear. Taking our own may end up our only option tho

Stricko

No worries, know what you mean.  It's been a few years since I was up there, buy early July things have gotten a bit quieter after the run off madness.  If you can get onto a charter operator I'm sure they would sort out something to suit your needs.  Good luck and hope you have a ball up there.  It's a great part of Aus........

Dave