Middle Harbour

undy

Hi Raiders,

I am a little confused with the location of Sugarloaf Bay (Middle Harbour) according to descriptions from other posts in the forums here.

According to Google Maps, Sugarloaf Bay is off Killarney Drive (Killarney Heights), just west of Flatrock Beach.

However, from my interpretation of posts from other Raiders, what is commonly referred to as Sugarloaf Bay is here -33.791400,151.229381 which I believe is also the location of The Steps (accessible via the track where Cammaray Rd meets Emerson Dr). This location is directly north of Sugarloaf Point in Castlecrag. Please correct me if I'm completely off the mark here!

Can someone please clarify which of these is the Sugarloaf Bay that is often referred to as an accessible landbased spot with some deep water and the occasional promise of some pelagic action?

Many Thanks,

Undy 

2 hours ago, blaxland said:

Someone posted a link here once that had the coordinates for all the known fishing spots. I hope they post it again before its lost forever

Blaxland, fishraider is NOT closing. We have been thrown a lifeline (see Site News and Info). Nothing will be lost.

There are plenty of marks and coordinates in our GPS section in boating :)

opp. Sugarloaf Pt. I've fished there a few times - nice, lazy fishing, in the Middle of the day, which, alas, always produced lazy results. If you can be bothered exploring, Middle Harbour has lots of great walkable to shoreline

13 hours ago, HenryR said:

opp. Sugarloaf Pt. I've fished there a few times - nice, lazy fishing, in the Middle of the day, which, alas, always produced lazy results. If you can be bothered exploring, Middle Harbour has lots of great walkable to shoreline

Thanks Henry. If you search for Sugarloaf Bay in Google Maps, you'll see it is in a totally different location to what you say. Hence my confusion.

Cheers,

Undy 

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction guys. Google maps is really off the mark for this location! Also, checkout the location for Bantry Bay!! 

I suggest any fishos should cross reference RMS charts and Six Maps when scouting out unfamiliar waters. Don't rely on Google apps or Earth only as they are not always reliable as these two locations show. It could save you a lot of time and some missed fish!

Cheers, 

Undy