Mounting A Leccy

Narralakes

G'day Raiders,

getting a Motor Guide soon, foot control bow mount. Need some ideas how to mount it or get the shop to do it for $200. Might need to cut away some of the bow rail on the port side, see pic in red, blue outline is where the plate will go for the motor. Any ideas welcome.

cheers

Narra

Guest bluecod

G'day Raiders,

getting a Motor Guide soon, foot control bow mount. Need some ideas how to mount it or get the shop to do it for $200. Might need to cut away some of the bow rail on the port side, see pic in red, blue outline is where the plate will go for the motor. Any ideas welcome.

cheers

Narra

Narra, that's my favourite anchor tying off bow rail - don't touch it - if needs be mount the leccy on blocks to elevate it above the rail - thinking resale for when you get a bigger'un.

Hey Ken when i mounted mine i just bolted 2 blocks of wood in the centre to elevate it above the bow rail and its perfect. I wouldnt cut that rail in case yer u do want 2 sell it and take the electric off etc. Cheers mate ill get you some pics of mine tomoz if i have time.

Thanks George and Tyronne, good points made there. Probably will just bolt some wooden blocks there, I'd appreciate those pics Tyronne if you get a chance later. Thinking of a place to put the battery, in a box below the front casting deck is the obvious place.

Hey Tyronne, Steve at Torque said they only have the 46 lb ones now, about $80 more than what yours was, so its still a pretty good price. 46 lbs should be enough power.

Cant wait for the bass now.

Ken I could sort you out for a lot less than $200...I am a big fan of the beer economy or maybe even the 'take me out and show me a bass on fly economy' :1prop:

I work in ali all the time and have a TIG welder if needed. Personally I would be doing it right the fist time. I guess your not thinking of selling soon and with so many boat like yours sporting lekkies now I doubt that a properly prepped area to mount a lekki will harm resale.

alex