Kayak hoists update

Rah

2 yaks in the air!! :P

My usual DIY partner in crime  (mum) has gone off to bali for 3 weeks and I couldn't wait that long to get the hoists up so this was a solo mission. 

2 things I learnt:

how to tie a over hand loop Knott. 

I don't like hammer drilling into bricks. 

Thank you to all who recommended the hoists over wall brackets. Brackets would never have worked in the space. 

And a big thanks to Derek for all his tips and hints. It would have taken me 3 times longer to figure out the best way without them, and probably still adjusting things without the tip of joining the slings together to stop slippage. And also to use the loop Knott, how have I gotten this far without knowing that one???

If anyone wants more info, let me know. 

While I was at it I knocked up a rod rack too. :)

Cheers

Tara

20170505_141705.jpg

47 minutes ago, Jewhunter said:

Nice one Tara. I love your shed!! The rod rack looks awesome as well. Great stuff.

Cheers mate. This is the first place I have lived in that I have this space so it's going to be decked out for sure. Rod rack cost me a whole $9 to make. Haha. 

Good work Rah.  Old school  Hammer drills are the pits.  

I have been been thinking about a new bigger rod rack for ages.  Being a chippy you'd think I'd have it done by now. 

Edited by Welster

29 minutes ago, Wellzy94 said:

I love it! My neck hurts a bit though ;)

Cheers,

Wellzy

Sorry mate. Wasn't sure how to rotate on my phone. Click on it and it goes right way up though. :P

1 minute ago, Welster said:

Good work Rah.  Old school  Hammer drills are the pits.  

Tell me about it. Dad came round to pick something up and said I could have gone and borrowed his corded one and would have been done in seconds. Ha ha  

Problems solved eh Tara? Good onya! Might inspire me to do something about storage for my umpteen rods. Presently have 6 in a rod rack and the rest either in the boat or propped against the wall. How on earth did I end up with so many? Cheers, BN

21 minutes ago, big Neil said:

Problems solved eh Tara? Good onya! Might inspire me to do something about storage for my umpteen rods. Presently have 6 in a rod rack and the rest either in the boat or propped against the wall. How on earth did I end up with so many? Cheers, BN

Never enough Neil. Go for it. :)