Fish finders

Thekoi

Hi again can't help asking what people think in different subjects just obsessed with fishing and want to catch more lol looking to update my fish finder and wondering what's best in the market for around $500 boats not massive so don't venture to far out thanks

I run a hook 4 combo in my yak and im very happy with it.  Ive had no issues with it, or the elite 4 i had before it. Nice clear images, gps is reliable and charts or good enough. In saying this i cant compare it against competitors as i haven't used anything else

I was looking around that $ range & recently installed a Garmin Striker 5". Can't fault it so far. It's got a GPS to mark spots or routes, but no maps. It's screen is wider than the equivalent size in some other brands. Depends what you need really.

Id suggest you have a chat & look at a local seller on options to fit your needs.

On ‎8‎/‎05‎/‎2017 at 6:46 PM, Thekoi said:

Hi again can't help asking what people think in different subjects just obsessed with fishing and want to catch more lol looking to update my fish finder and wondering what's best in the market for around $500 boats not massive so don't venture to far out thanks

At that price point look for the one with the most power, the biggest screen and the highest resolution. You will see and find more if those 3 things are as big as you can get in the $500 range.

Just remember, with a sounder the more you spend the more you will see generally.