broughton island

rickmarlin62

well I managed to get to the bay early sun morn..beautiful morn sat on 22 knots all the way to the island..once there we had the wind turn at daybreak and swing thru west to nsth west to south..all my fave spots had fish on the northern side or uphill side but I couldn't anchor to get at them..we fished a few spots near the sisters but it was pumping with big swells breaking all over the place..picked out a few keepers amonst lots of small reds..no slimies there like 4 weeks ago..a couple of bonito and some undersize kings kept us busy for a while..a move to the north side had us sitting on a reef edge and the sand flatties were on the chew..every bait then any plastic were pounced on but most were 30/31 cm  kept 6 that went 35cm then moved again..a bit of joy came in the shape of a nice spangled emperor .foto in chat under weather..all in all a top day but no big reds..ah well you cant get em everytime..I finished the day with a good box of fish..8 reds. emperor.bonnies.flatties.tailor.and 4 big greeneyed squid..hope to get back there in two weeks..didn't worry bout pics of smaller fish..but just shows with perseverance you can still get a feed in unkind weather conditions..rick

Fair bit of ground swell still around. Good to see you still managed a few rick! Was that spangle at the sisters? Ive been catching a few different species up there last few trips! 

cheers scratchie!!! 

north isl mate  the sisters was covered in undersize reds..that is where we could fish ,it waspumping whitewater...breaking in between the two main rocks..can only sit where it lets you on the day...the big schools of slimies have disappeared.  caught 4 all day...have to get them at the heads next trip..rick