Swansea Wharf

Daveo2160

Stopped off at Swansea on the way back from Newcastle for a quick fish on the wharf out front off the RSL....The guy at Tackle World Marks Point said that would be a decent spot and suggested mullet fillet for bait and he was spot on my mate got a decent Australian Salmon on light gear.

IMG_20170526_192209.jpg

IMG_20170526_193049.jpg

On 29/05/2017 at 4:23 PM, Regan said:

where abouts in the water coloumn did you catch it,

eg. did you use a float or a sinker

Cheers mate

He used a sinker on a paternoster rig...6lb mono with 12lb leader

The current was running a absolute muck so not really sure where abouts it was depth wise 

1 hour ago, Daveo2160 said:

Cheers mate

He used a sinker on a paternoster rig...6lb mono with 12lb leader

The current was running a absolute muck so not really sure where abouts it was depth wise 

thats fairly light for the size fish well done

On 5/27/2017 at 10:57 AM, Wellzy94 said:

They're great fun mate! I've caught a few near Wollongong on 8lb off the rocks. Awesome fighting fish, shame they're no good to eat :P

Cheers,

Wellzy

Certainly are a great fighting fish, lighter the gear the better too. Caught hundreds of them over the years using lures, bait and poppers. Only my thoughts, but Salmon aren't really that bad. As has probably been said heaps of times before, but caught fresh, bled properly, cut all the dark blood lines out and then cook fresh (definitely do not freeze them) they are quite tasty on the bbq or in the pan. They also smoke up a treat and go well in a curry :D