Where to buy bulk lead

zmk1962

Hey Raiders,

I've just used up the last of my lead ingot (sourced through a shooter buddy) making a few kilos of snapper leads.... so now I am on the lookout to stock up on lead for future sinker making.

I searched the fora and found the last discussion on "where to buy lead, scrap lead, bulk lead" was in 2010, so thought the topic may be worth a revisit.

Anyone know of where I could purchase 5-10kgs at  reasonable prices in the Hills district?

(I know Bunnings and H&G have the rolled roofing stuff but that is way to expensive for sinkers.)

Cheers

Zoran

14 hours ago, zmk1962 said:

Hey Raiders,

I've just used up the last of my lead ingot (sourced through a shooter buddy) making a few kilos of snapper leads.... so now I am on the lookout to stock up on lead for future sinker making.

I searched the fora and found the last discussion on "where to buy lead, scrap lead, bulk lead" was in 2010, so thought the topic may be worth a revisit.

Anyone know of where I could purchase 5-10kgs at  reasonable prices in the Hills district?

(I know Bunnings and H&G have the rolled roofing stuff but that is way to expensive for sinkers.)

Cheers

Zoran

Hi Zoran i have plenty of lead either in ingot form 2 to 3 kgs per ingot or have got sinkers of all shapes  large snapper leads down to small ball sinkers for 20 cents per oz ,will sell ingots for $10 per kg or sinkers seperately. Cheers Laurie.(ps i live on central coast at Gwandalan) ph0414339421 Laurie