Miles out for nil, good fish at the ramp.

saltrix

Got an early start and with a forecast of easing wind we were optomistic of a good catch.

On the way out the sky looked good but there was a bit of westerly which got stronger ther further out we went.

sunrise--2-7.jpg

Tried a couple of marks out wide which previously had produced good catches but only found pickers and 1 tailor in 60m, and then we both lost all our gear bitten off about 1/2 way down.

Then tried a closer in mark but no action and pretty rough.

Then tried off Patonga but that was quiet as well.

On the way back  to the ramp we tried a spot off Dangar which I fish when in the river. I managed a 39cm flathead and my mate landed a 59 cm monster.

barry-flathead cropped.jpg

I know some  would release the big ones but we go fishing for a a feed, stick to the bag limits, and do not waste any fish we catch. All fish that we do not want to eat are carefully released.

If you are at French,s Forest I would not bother to go to the Hawkesbury but 

launch at Roseville and fish that area within 1 km of the ramp, I am sure you will catch more fish in the time taken to go to the Hawkesbury.

The Harbour generally fishes better than the Hawkesbury in my opinion now that there is no commercial fishing in the Harbour.

I did mention that we caught the fish close to the ramp at Brooklyn, but that is not too consistent as there is a lot of commercial fishing in the area.