Adventures with Swordy - A day full of firsts!

Wellzy94

Hey Raiders!

Fished with Swordy yesterday, in the hopes of a first Jewfish. After the previous success of his teaching skills (4 from 4!) he certainly didn't fail to deliver. On the Cooks, armed with his favourite plastics, we had both landed a good Jewfish before the sun was even up! 

Stewy made the call to move to a different system and aim for another first for me - estuary perch. So while he was packing the boat up at the ramp, I cooked up some fresh bacon and egg rolls for breakfast. Judging by the compliments, I've set a high standard for a feed on the fishraider boat!

Put in at chippo lakes to chase EPs for not much luck. Spent a few hours at a bunch of stewys spots for zilch... Then out of nowhere, I hook up. 'Aww. It's only a bream. Damn!' little did he know I'd never caught a bream on SPs before - another first! In the same spot stewy landed a nice bass, so we kept fishing.

A while later and still no EPs (but another bass for stewy) we called it a day and headed home. 

A great day on the water! First Jewfish, first bream on SP, and even learned a couple of new knots and tricks on the water. Thanks for the great day @swordfisherman!

Cheers,

Wellzy

P.S. the pic of food was of an extra I made when I got home, just to show the level of quality! ;)

IMG_0198.jpg

IMG_0202.jpg

IMG_0205.jpg

IMG_0193.jpg

IMAG0279.jpg

Fantastic stuff Wellzy

Stewy strikes again. 

Well done on the firsts on sps. 

Shame there were no perch around, if they were there stew would have found them. :)

Cheers

Tara

14 minutes ago, Rah said:

Fantastic stuff Wellzy

Stewy strikes again. 

Well done on the firsts on sps. 

Shame there were no perch around, if they were there stew would have found them. :)

Cheers

Tara

I figured as much, judging by his confidence. When I asked what EPs looked like, he said "I'll show you in a minute, when you catch one!" Haha.

Cheers,

Wellzy

Hey Wellzy94 

Congrats on your PB's with the soft plastics, always a good day on the Cook's with Stew.

But MAAATE cooking for him? :1pash:

Cheers Deano.

2 hours ago, swano said:

Hey Wellzy94 

Congrats on your PB's with the soft plastics, always a good day on the Cook's with Stew.

But MAAATE cooking for him? :1pash:

Cheers Deano.

I think cooking was the least I could do, considering the amount I learned in such a short space of time!