Notorious

FishermanSteve

Another great day in the sun! A fishing trip out with notoriousTash and company. We headed off to Pier 2 for some land based fun. Through the day various rigs and baits used. Catch report; flounder, starfish and for myself well... I just caught the sun. But it's not always the catch, it's the people you share the day with. Today I got to share it with two great fun people.

IMG_20171005_215027.jpg

2 minutes ago, COASTIE 01 said:

good to see you getting out with some raiders

how big was the flounder

Didn't measure it but definitely under. Guesstimate would be 15-20cm. Didn't even realise it was there until we reeled it in lol. He was very blase about the whole hook in the mouth thing. 

Agree with the lads on using clear leader or at least almost clear. Yellow really stands out underwater which is why much commercial dive gear is yellow ( makes it easier to spot if you lose something diving). 

I would rather use very light line and lose the odd fish rather than bulk up and rarely get bites, maybe try dropping down in line class too. Berkeley vanish is a cheap line to use for traces, maybe try some around 8-12lb with small hooks and fresh raw prawn. I found mushing up the prawn a little making it soft and mucshy will often get them on the chew.