North arm Nambucca rivr camping

dirvin21

after the rain for the last couple of weekends decided it was time for the kids to get out of the house for some proper camping through scouting managed to gain access to a new property for camping and fishing.

the place looked amazing massive mullett everywhere after a uick set up the kids got into the fishing action my young bloke landed about 10 catfish between 47-50cm and a massive mullett about 55cm, after a few hours of that the kids went off to do whatever it is they do which meant it was my turn to fish

The bass didn't play the game just the commotion of the kids, but there were plenty of catfish feeding along the bottom so I tried a new technque for the "cranka crab" just need a cast up in front of the feeding cattie give it a bit of a shake and hang on

P1030189.JPG

I really forgot how hard these guys fight there were some scary moments watching a very expensive lure head for the timber  

P1030190.JPG

its like they were designed for catties the claws catch the lips really well didn't have a single deep hooking

P1030205.JPG

they were all really good sized fish around the high 40's to 50cm range

the kids came back and were happy just watching me tangle with the catties

P1030163.JPG

as you can see pristine water

P1030180.JPG

We also managed to catch a young rabbit being a pest and me wanting to be a caveman or the kids it was quickly dispatched and cooked on the fire later on

P1030196.JPG 

after dark we went down with the spotlight and caught a Cox's gudgeon something different for the kids

P1030204.JPG

then of course it rained early the next morning which cut our trip a little short but certainly not disapointed with the results

cheers for reading 

Dave