Hawkesbury Fishing - Info Please

ritchie

G'day raiders...

I'm a long time member but embarrassingly I haven't been fishing for last 2+ years due to work & family commitments..where did the time go!

finally i have managed to free up a weekend to take the family out on the river...don't own a boat anymore therefore hiring a houseboat from the Brooklyn marina, 1st week of December.

Now the million dollar question, "hows Hawkesbury fishing these days?" 

Its been at least a good 3 years since I've last fished Hawkesbury with my own boat and back then the fishing was quiet slow. Has this been improved? Given that we'll be on a houseboat, I do understand that there's limitations to where i can take it. 

Any tips (no, not after your secret spots! :lol:) where I could cast a line & hopefully catch something to write home..or fishraider, about? :)

Any advise is highly appreciated!

Hey ritchie,

Hawkesbury still has plenty of fish to offer.

I highly recommend anchoring up in different spots close in to Dangar island, there are almost always bream around.

You can also use the search function, just type in "Hawkesbury" or some variant of, and plenty of reports will show up to read through :)

Cheers,

Wellzy

The Hawkesbury is a big system, and those floating boxes move slow. You;re prob not going to b e able to cover too much distance over a weekend. Did you have general areas in mind - upriver, Berowra Creek, Brooklyn, or further to Broken Bay or Cowan Creek area?

Thanks alot for the replies guys!

Given I'll be on a houseboat, I am not sure whether I'd allowed/it'd be wise to anchor under the railway bridge (due to the boat traffic) and from the memory Juno is a no go zone for the hired boats? 

I am taking the light gear. 6kg setups with 10kg lead & the heaviest will be the 10kg set up with a 15kg leader. And a very light rod for some squiding but thats a long shot i reckon! Haha

Edited by ritchie