Flattyfest in the Georges with release video

jenno64

Collected some flatty lollies (poddies) yesterday ready for an assault this morning on the area where I dropped two suspected jewies in the last fortnight.

Headed out for the middle of the run out tide but all was pretty quiet until I had one bait taken on a run and damaged by something sizeable. It wasn't until the last of the run out that I decided to hit the deep water again. Dropped down my biggest poddy and the rod bent into the water  and head shakes transmitted up the line. Soon enough I had a very nice flatty in the yak around 75-80 cm. 75+ flatty pre release.jpg

I quickly dropped down another poddy while I held the flatty in the water next to the yak for a release at a nearby beach when the rod sprang into action again. I pulled up an almost identical flatty and as brought it into the yak it catapulted out of the net back into the water and cut me off!

I didn't want to miss any more action so I released the big girl into the depths to join the escapee!

Big Flatty pre release.jpg

The tide was starting to run in faster now and I had another poddy slammed but came up with just a hook. At the same time I had a Vibelicious thumper tail out and it was smacked by a nice fish  close to 60 which I dispatched on the deck for dinner. The very next drift the same lure was smashed by a bigger fish in the 70s which came on board for a quick pic before release.

Two in a row.jpg

What an hour I had with three fish over 70cm...my best outing yet. I'll leave it for a day but I know there are jewies around the area and I'm keen to land one soon!

Edited by jenno64
Now with video!