Fab1

Fished Windang for a few hours last night and couldn't turn a reel except for a puffer fish keen on suicide and the Mrs catching a small ray.The tide was really moving and made it difficult.Other than that not even a nibble on various baits.The highlight off the night was dragging some dills line fishing from the bridge with my boat.I dragged his line from the bridge to the ramp then happily cut his line while he was yelling out the whole time.

That's fishing I guess.

As a kid, I found the river leading up to the lake fished very well during the day, night time was not very productive (except for the prawns)

Anchored up across the channel for the prawns, hook up a small prawn, drop it out the back of the boat and you would occasionally score a big whiting.

Night time under the bridge would produce a tailor at times - so long as some numb nuts did not drop his line into your boat.

24 minutes ago, Yowie said:

As a kid, I found the river leading up to the lake fished very well during the day, night time was not very productive (except for the prawns)

Anchored up across the channel for the prawns, hook up a small prawn, drop it out the back of the boat and you would occasionally score a big whiting.

Night time under the bridge would produce a tailor at times - so long as some numb nuts did not drop his line into your boat.

I've caught some nice flathead,whiting and tailor over the years both during the day and at night.The tide really scoots on the run-out since all the work done to the entrance as I'm sure your well aware.

I thought it was us but there were plenty of people there catching bugger all last night.Drifting the main channel and the drop off usually produces something but it was the worse I ever seen it last night.

Ohh well Mate, that's why they call it fishing and not catching lol.

At least you managed to get out on the water, by boat hasn't seen the water for 6 months lol cleaned the cobwebs off it yesterday and gave it a wash, surprisingly she kicked over after 3 pulls gotta love the old 2 strokes!!!!

Regards,

Nathan

I feel for ya.

Fished from one of the jetties just downstream from the bridge yesterday for doughnuts. Well, worse than that really - got 2 flatties and 3 bream, all between 1 and 2cm undersized.

None of them had swallowed the hook, so at least they all went back healthy.

1 hour ago, DaveBM said:

I feel for ya.

Fished from one of the jetties just downstream from the bridge yesterday for doughnuts. Well, worse than that really - got 2 flatties and 3 bream, all between 1 and 2cm undersized.

None of them had swallowed the hook, so at least they all went back healthy.

Lucky it was you that caught them and not some of the idiots that frequent the area keeping undersized fish.At least you got something and hopefully you still had a good time like we always do no matter what.

18 minutes ago, Fab1 said:

Lucky it was you that caught them and not some of the idiots that frequent the area keeping undersized fish.At least you got something and hopefully you still had a good time like we always do no matter what.

Agreed.

The place was thick with mullet too, but I didn't have any bread and they weren't taking prawns.