Anyone tried the FADs yet?

GoingFishing

Got out yesterday for the first time in 4 months, hit Longie, the 12 and a spot south of the harbour before I found the kings. Longie was quiet when I was there but a mate said it fired up later in the morning, the 12 had a couple of fish early according to a bloke thier but I did 3 drifts for zilch and then went back inshore and lost count of the rats- couldnt pull a fish bigger than 60- even on big livies- bit of fun though. at the 12 the temp was about 21.3 max , current was about 1 knot from the North - so its coming -there is a warm patch north around Port Stephens- I heard of one striped marlin caught while I was out and later in the day a really good Blue was caught by one of the Botany Bay boats- looking good .

1 hour ago, PaddyT said:

Longie was quiet when I was there but a mate said it fired up later in the morning,

There was about bloody 30 boats there at around 10-11am, lots of small things picking bait of hooks but didnt see anyone reeling in anything of size. 

I was pout to terrigal FAD yesterday, the swell was .8 with a glass surface. The current was barely moving and the water was 21.4 with a navy colour to it. We got out there and spent a few hours trying to find fish but not marking any fish or even bait. We tried lives, jigging spinning ect but didn’t even get bumped. Looked few hundred meter each way around the FAD but no joy.