Port Hacking Wednesday Whiting

hookerbruce

Intended going out to chase whiting in the Port on Wed but ended up with a crew to " HELP " me. I only managed 2 keeper whiting and 1 crab.8 yo grandson started the day and pleased with a new specie porcupine toad, then a small red bream then his fishing was a bit quiet.Next he got pulled all around the boat by a rat king which we landed measured and released was smaller than his PB of 63cm.Heading back to the ramp with clouds building it was decided not enough fishing yet so stopped on a small sand bank. He then landed his fish of the day.   A nice 36 cm bream on 2 kg line a new PB.    

6 yo grandson managed a steady stream of tarwhine, red bream (including his new PB of 25 cm), mullet, bream and finally a just legal flathead.

Grand daughter 3 yr old caught her PB fish the first fish ever a 49 cm long tom . By this stage the southerly was blowing fresh, the 8 year old  managed to winch the boat halfway onto the trailer while I steadied it at exposed Gray's point ramp.

A good day had by all.

Thanks        Bruce

• Like 2

Did you really need some "help" there Bruce?  :lol:

There were a few fish to entertain the crowd, better than not much at all, and everyone caught something.

I will have a "helper" in a couple of years, he will be told he needs to learn how to fish by his father (son-in-law, who also is learning how to fish). I was taught by my father, grand father and great grand father, so I guess I learnt something.  :D

Dave.