Jacks - hat head/south west rocks

Vhanz

Hey guys!!!

Im heading up to hat head and south west rocks over xmas.

Mostly going to do creek fishing at hat and probably head to the ledge as well,

Ive got a yak and i have heard some rumors of jacks being caughtin the creek at hat head?

Can anyone confirm that they can be caught around there.

Mainly be targetting bream, bass in the upper creek and bonito and kings from the ledge on poppers and metals

definitely jacks in the creek...caught them from the bank at the road bridge into town and further upstream..fish top half of tide going upstream then come back as tide drops..ps  plenty of muddies in there..we jump in and snorkel in the clean water on run in .and use a forked stick to pin the muddies then grab them..rick

6 hours ago, dirvin21 said:

Good luck mate they're definetly up here and it's been a good season..... a heads up they make bream spinning seem easy

Sorry mate what do u mean by that? Haha. I cant wait! Going to bust my ass of to find them

On ‎24‎/‎12‎/‎2017 at 10:19 PM, Vhanz said:

Sorry mate what do u mean by that? Haha. I cant wait! Going to bust my ass of to find them

they are not hard to find I see them all the time just really really hard to tempt a strike out of I find a faster retrieve can get a reaction strike and then lock up and go for broke

good luck mate I'm hoping to see you post a pic of a quality red satan 

So far no luck! Ive definitely seen them (small ones) paddled prob 150m past the road bridge and then float down all the way to the caravan footbridge.

Lost count of how many bream ive caught lol just been throwing lures in snag ive seen