botany bay 26/12/2017

fisholb

hi raiders,

hope everyone had an excellent xmas!!!

decided to fish botany bay instead of sydney harbour today due to the sydney to hobart race

got to the ramp around 4am with two of my bff (best fishing friend)

plan A was to troll the heads

the wind and swell looked ok from the forecast which was not 100% accurate more of a 50/50 guess work

anyway decided to go straight to molli point which was plan B and catch some bait

the wind was starting to blow when we got to molli point and decided to anchor around the reef but one of my bff started to get seasick swell was around 1m

so decided to troll the south heads which felt like forever to get there swell was getting bigger and bigger as we get near the south heads so decided to turn back to molli point

when we got back to molli point one of the rods went off with the rapala longcast in pilly/sardine color and after about 5mins we landed our 1st fish for the day a 60cm kingy which went back to fight another day

one of my bff asked me if he can go back to the ramp coz he was really gettting seasick seriously so trolled back to the ramp to drop him off

decided to troll the 3rd runway from end to end for zeros so decided to head back to molli point

half way down molli point towards the beach two of the rods went off one with the rapala longcast in pilly color and one with the halco dd redhead

after about 10mins we got 2 bonito in the esky

trolled molli point 3x more but no more takers so decided to anchor at the reef hoping to catch anything that we can take home plenty of throwbacks around the 25cm mark (trevs/snapper/flattys)

were using pillys and prawns for bait hooked one pj and one banjo on pillys

after about 1hr decided to troll molli point again for zeros so decided to go back to the ramp where one of my bff had fully recovered

got home around 3pm

thanks for reading

64823AD7-33F0-4148-8AFB-19F0956283FB.jpeg

Edited by fisholb
insert pic
  • Like 2

17 hours ago, zmk1962 said:

Good report.... I felt like I was there! At least you got out and had a go.

Cheers Zoran

thanks mate

been addicted to fishing since 2008 

havent been out for the last 12 months due to injury so trying to catch up on lost time atm lol

On 27/12/2017 at 4:47 AM, big Neil said:

Well you certainly gave it a go mate and managed a couple. Still great to be out on the water ...and there's always next time. Cheers, bn

thanks 

nothing beats fishing for me...

im a fishing addict lol

On 27/12/2017 at 12:55 AM, Ojay Samson said:

Seems a bit lumpy  in the bay by the sounds of it.  Good report,  gotta  be in it to win it as they say. 

thanks

havent been in that type of condition on a small boat

need a bigger boat lol