Hawkesbury River Blue Swimmers

Vara

Headed up the river last weekend for a couple of days. 12 year old just got his boat licence so you can imagine he was pretty pumped at the thought of complete independence.

We've never tried the whole blue swimmer thing and were staying around Bar Point. So we bought 4 witches hat nets and thought why not. How much fun.

Baited em up on Saturday around lunchtime with mullet and some old frozen slimmies I had left from the last kingy trip. that was my job done. Sat there and watched as every hour the little guy took a crew of kids to check the nets. Was unreal.

Bagged out on Saturday afternoon before 5pm - they were that good sitting around in the evening. Next morning he was up and gone at 5.30am to check the traps we foolishly left in overnight. they were massacred we believe my muddies. Literally nothing left.

Great fun, and nothing better than seeing the kids out and about, driving boats, picking crabs out of a net and on the land. Gold.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Vara said:

Headed up the river last weekend for a couple of days. 12 year old just got his boat licence so you can imagine he was pretty pumped at the thought of complete independence.

We've never tried the whole blue swimmer thing and were staying around Bar Point. So we bought 4 witches hat nets and thought why not. How much fun.

Baited em up on Saturday around lunchtime with mullet and some old frozen slimmies I had left from the last kingy trip. that was my job done. Sat there and watched as every hour the little guy took a crew of kids to check the nets. Was unreal.

Bagged out on Saturday afternoon before 5pm - they were that good sitting around in the evening. Next morning he was up and gone at 5.30am to check the traps we foolishly left in overnight. they were massacred we believe my muddies. Literally nothing left.

Great fun, and nothing better than seeing the kids out and about, driving boats, picking crabs out of a net and on the land. Gold.

Excellent stuff!I was lucky to have a Billy cart at his age.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...