Forster

david88

Hi guys and girls,
Is there anyone here who knows the area of Forster and could please help me with some advice?

I will be heading up on the 22nd Feb with a couple of mates and their 4.5m boat for 3 days of straight fishing.
We would like to head outside the bar and hope for a chance at Snapper, longtail, kingys, jewys and any other fish we might not find in sydney harbour. We would like to fish soft plastics and microjigs.

Are there any spots that are not too far from the Forster bar (or another boat ramp) that you might recommend we fish. GPS msrks are a bonus but just the names of the spots will suffice.
This is a once only trip and we have high hopes so any advice or technique tips would be greatly appreciated. Happy to keep spots secret if you would like to share with PM.

Thanks 

David :)

you are looking at 8/9mile trip to either black hd to the nth or cape hawke latitude rock to the sth....there is a small area of fishable reef off the front of bennets head..there is a bommie under the lookout that is visible.there is reef in front of this  I have speared jews n kings there in the past....if you are capable at beach launching  southern corner of Elizabeth beach is used by a few people with lots of good reef in front of charlotte head..one of best lbg spots on coast   cant supply marks as I havnt fished out of there for years in my boats...rick

18 minutes ago, rickmarlin62 said:

you are looking at 8/9mile trip to either black hd to the nth or cape hawke latitude rock to the sth....there is a small area of fishable reef off the front of bennets head..there is a bommie under the lookout that is visible.there is reef in front of this  I have speared jews n kings there in the past....if you are capable at beach launching  southern corner of Elizabeth beach is used by a few people with lots of good reef in front of charlotte head..one of best lbg spots on coast   cant supply marks as I havnt fished out of there for years in my boats...rick

Your knowledge is awesome Rick.   I have seen the boats heading out from Elizabeth beach and figured good fishing would be close by.  We go to Smiths lake for 1 week a year we don’t do much during fishing though. 

there isn't a headland up that way that we havnt tried to lbg at some stage..i fished the area for years chasin tuna.cobes Spanish..cape hawke/booti.charlotte/celito/seals...fished outside but mainly in another mates boat..thats why no gps marks..cape hawke pinnacles were the bomb but now marine park...there is large tackle shop in forster the guys there can prob put you onto areas to try..have heard they are good guys...rick

If you get bored at Forster, drive 1hr north to Crowdy Head. Great marina, lots of close by reefs and shoals that fish really well.

A point from Rick's post above; Don't forget about the marine park at Forster, it is rare that fisheries are forgiving.