Hi guys,

Going down to the bay tomorrow, staying at batemans Bay beach resort. We are taking our tiny out for a fish, pretty sure it’s 14ft. Was wondering what the fishing is like around the islands, snapper island etc.

what fish are around there

what areas are good for snapper

where are some good locations to fish

what gear to use. 

I have seen some similar posts already but they are quite older so just wanting some new info, any info providing would be great! 

Cheers :)

11 minutes ago, Fatbastard said:

I'd be interested to know how Snapper Island goes for reds and kings though

The name is deceiving, it isn't a snapper hot spot. 

Snapper Island is a decent bait ground though. Northeast side is the place to go.

Have caught some decent flathead on the southeast side too. Need to be careful off exposed rock there, it comes out of nowhere.

Was down there over the last long weekend. Fished the river in my kayak but scored some good flatties and bream in both live poddies and plastics. Biggest flattty went 60cm. Was working down river from the big island to the next river that is a sanctuary zone, run out was most productive there. 

Other good spots to drift is across surfside, cullendulla, Long Beach and Maloney’s. All produce good flatties and there tends to be a greater congregation as you get closer to each rocky point. 

9B82E91B-9E12-40DD-8A74-6A4CDE2DE6E1.jpeg

• Like 1