Port Hacking

Yowie

Headed out early this morning up from Lilli Pilli in the deep. Took the son-in-law along.

The fishing was again fairly quiet, plenty of yakkas, and pillies jumping in various places, but, nothing bigger that I could see. Around this time of year, the tailor tend to swim a bit deeper in the Hacking and are not always splashing about.

Used salted pillies and strips of fresh caught yakka, the yakkas caught the fish.

The S-I-L caught one bream, I caught the rest, and he took home something else besides a bream. The bites were slow, but as soon as the sun appeared from behind the early morning cloud, all bites stopped. Rather strange.

fish.jpeg_141.thumb.png.9d8e0251e1674190b5bb567554be862b.png

• Like 3

Hi Dave

Couple of nice flatties. I must be fishing on the wrong side of the boat lately can't seem to get any flatties in the Hacking.

Did get 1 legal reddie near the deeper water at lilli pilli on sat morning but had already cut it up when I took the photo.

Bruce

11 hours ago, Welster said:

Great bag of fish there Yowie.   Those flatties are a good size

Thank you. The S-I-L told me he wanted to pull up a big flattie, and he no sooner said that and I pulled up the larger one.

11 hours ago, hookerbruce said:

Hi Dave

Couple of nice flatties. I must be fishing on the wrong side of the boat lately can't seem to get any flatties in the Hacking.

Did get 1 legal reddie near the deeper water at lilli pilli on sat morning but had already cut it up when I took the photo.

Bruce

The flatties have been a bit scattered lately. With the clearer water, some species have probably moved up river a bit.

Normally March is a good time for the Hacking. There is always next week Bruce, could be better then. :D