Flatty on hardbody in the shallows

Gutamouth

Nice fish mate. Looks like that lure works a treat! That looks like it will be a cracking winter spot. As the weather & water cools the big lizards get into the shallows during the day to get warm. It's exciting fishing. Well done.

43 minutes ago, Jewhunter said:

Nice fish mate. Looks like that lure works a treat! That looks like it will be a cracking winter spot. As the weather & water cools the big lizards get into the shallows during the day to get warm. It's exciting fishing. Well done.

Cheers mate yeah it's a beauty, gets down pretty deep and has a nice action, it looks sick underwater.  It hit on the pause when it was suspending

Looking forward to those colder months, after seeing some of those big lays in the sand it's hard not going back ay

16 hours ago, Hill373737 said:

Nice spot for a drift and it paid off, good sized flathead ... it looks fishy especially with all those yabby holes in the flats.

That's it, although I've worked that whole bank a few times now with nipper soft plastics for not even a touch? Maybe the big girls just aren't interested in em. There's always people pumping them further downstream though

7 hours ago, jed38 said:

Nice little video, not easy with one hand on the paddle by the looks.

Haha yeah mate I need some practice at that, bit of a newbie to the kayak scene lol. Forgetting to bring the net was a rookie move, I ended up cutting my foot around those mangroves on something sharp. Ya learn from it all but :)