Sydney Bottom Bash

GoingFishing

Headed out today at gentlemans hour to fish with a mate on his new boat (Whitley Clearwater 1950). I was more interested in experiencing the boat as it was my 2nd choice after the boat i ended up buying (Yellowfin 6200). Well the clearwater made for a comfortable dry ride and is very fishable. Only obvious downsides were the Gunnels at the back of the boat are quite low and i thought it was a little underpowered with a 130hp yammie on the back. 

We went for a bottom bash outside of Sydney trying a few spots for the usual bread and butter species. Managed a nice bag and ended up sharing 5 snapper and about 12 flathead. Must have returned a dozen snapper at 29.9cm today. 

Did a troll along the cliffs and past colors reef in the hope of a bonito and managed only one small bonito of about 40cm but thats all we needed anyway as it was to be filleted for bait. Fish were spread out and we really had to work hard to find them moving multiple times between bondi and coogee. Used the sea anchor on almost all drifts as the breeze was pushing us along a little too fast.

All in all a great day out and you can really sense winter in the air now !! Jumper stayed on until 11am today

39BE2D45-B524-4FE3-BFF2-2FC3350AC194.jpeg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, big Neil said:

An enjoyable read there mate. Good to see that you got a few for the table and were able to critique your mate's boat. Cheers, bn

Cheers BN

Overall a very nice all rounder boat.

1 hour ago, Scratchie said:

Nice work Sam! Sounds like a good out there and you came home with a feed. Beauty! I reckon your choice of boat was a good one! 

Cheers scratchie!!! 

Got to be happy with a mixed bag though it would be great if you could send some of then broughton XXXL reds down our way :D

The yellowfin is definitely built for fishing when compared to the Clearwater !