Port Stephens- snapper season approaching!

Scratchie

On 23/04/2018 at 10:00 PM, Berleyguts said:

Definitely bleed them. I put them in the eski with sea water and frozen soft drink bottles of water. Fillet them and remove the bloodline. I like them as sashimi, or just on the BBQ. I’m going to try smoking them - I’ve heard they make a nice dip. They go a bit soft when frozen but I’m going to try the frozen fillets I have now in Thai fish cakes.

I thawed some bonito fillets today and made Thai fish cakes for lunch. Yummo! My missus loved them!

4A3D191A-90AF-456A-98D0-734AA4754DEC.jpeg

• Like 4

steady on there bud you know where they are comin from..hajhahaha..I think il hav to get baz to berley em up for me next trip..worked a treat..fri arvo no current..sat morn 4knots..hard to deal with...maybe next trip il get steady current an smak em..meanwhile you just keep weedin out the smaller models so the biggies are there for me....bahahaha....sorry baz   gotta take u soon   u need a big red fix...rick

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rickmarlin62 said:

steady on there bud you know where they are comin from..hajhahaha..I think il hav to get baz to berley em up for me next trip..worked a treat..fri arvo no current..sat morn 4knots..hard to deal with...maybe next trip il get steady current an smak em..meanwhile you just keep weedin out the smaller models so the biggies are there for me....bahahaha....sorry baz   gotta take u soon   u need a big red fix...rick

I won’t be getting out until probably Monday or Tuesday, so if you want me to berley them up, you’ll have to come up after that. ? It would be great to fish with you, Rick... I do need a big red! Actually, I’m heading over to Perth for a week next month and looking at a charter that might put me onto some decent reds (pink snapper over there) on plastics.

Edited by Berleyguts

48 minutes ago, rickmarlin62 said:

Lol rick! I can see them out my window :P

people say the winter months  but I catch them year round....but im a red freak and get them when others arnt..lol  just fish for them  they are swimming somewhere.....ive caught 8kg reds in june...and jan...and oct...and march....some people south of us wait til the cuttlefish breed n die....I fish all the time like im gunna get a big red  and you know what  I get em....for me its alwaysSNAPPER SEASON....rick

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, rickmarlin62 said:

people say the winter months  but I catch them year round....but im a red freak and get them when others arnt..lol  just fish for them  they are swimming somewhere.....ive caught 8kg reds in june...and jan...and oct...and march....some people south of us wait til the cuttlefish breed n die....I fish all the time like im gunna get a big red  and you know what  I get em....for me its alwaysSNAPPER SEASON....rick

Tomorrow’s the day, Rick. ?