Sydney 12/11

Coach

Went out for an afternoon evening run chasing snapper off long reef.

Picked up some yakka's at west head and a couple of garies and went down to some shallow reefs of narrabeen.

got hammered by a heap of small squire, and then started getting into the flathead.

One flattie was pulled up and three kingies come up to say hello with him.. sent down a yakka and he got nailed.

didn't hook up so I sent down another yakka and nothing happens.

Keep picking up decent flathead and then I change the yakka to a garfish.. As he is sitting on the surface and I am putting the reel in freespool, a kingie comes up to say hello...

The Garie lasted all of 5 seconds and was nailed..

after a few muntes of fighting, it was kingies 2.. us nothing!!

As soon as the sun went down, the sounder went nuts with good quality fish hugging the bottom, but nothing happened.

the bite just stopped....

Pulled the pick and went home with 9 flatties, a medium mowie and a couple of trev's

It was hard fishing, but a great day to be out on the water.

Only 6 more days till i do it again.

there are heaps of garies at west head at the moment..

I have never tried them, but someone told me that you roll a bottle over them to break the backbone, fry them up and they taste good. (not sure if you gut them or not)

Might go out and have a session one day and give them a go...

next time, I will only catch Garies for livies, as the kingies seem not to hesitate on them!!!

Thats right coach, gut them then lay them flat on their belly roll a bottle or a rolling pin down the back bone and the whole skelaton can be removed. Beautiful

....feed them to the Kingi, then eat the Kingi :biggrin2::1prop::beersmile:

too good a bait to waste at the table :074:

Sounds like a top day, How big where the kings?

Two would have been just legal.. one was a bit bigger and looked to be another 20cm's and a lot fatter than the others.

Mind you.. my estimates get a bit "Shakey" when I see a free swimming fish right next to the boat headbutting a livie!!!

I thnk its called "Kingfish fevor",...

"The Skakes" are often followded by some swearing 9Delerious) and a general feeling of disbelief/bewilderment and confusion when you find that you have just been hammered.

in brisbane, its called Samson feavor.. but the symptoms are a lot stronger...

Hey at least you have seen a Kingi close up .......Im still yet to bag one!! :mad3:

Mate

I have a feeling that this weekend is going to go nuts on the kingies...

true.. I have nothing to base this on...

but it Friday.. they are making me work.. so dont rain on my parade people!!!

Try those marks I gave you, if that don't work.. then sit on the southern side of barrenjoey and live bait and you should get into one..

I think tomorrow is the better day, sounds like the southerly will muck thing up a bit.. but I dont think it will hit till the afternoon.

Good luck and let us know how you go.