Botany Bottom Bash

GoingFishing

Gday Raiders

Haven't been out in a few weeks due to bad weather. Forecast today was marginal...it was supposed to rain but the wind and wave forecast was supposed to be good. I was desperate to get out so we took a punt and headed out anyway but had a sleep in and left home at 7am.

Bottom bashed outside botany for a nice mixed bag, mostly flatties but got a single pannie, a couple of red spot whiting and a XL leatherjacket. Dads mate also scored a mowie and wanted to try it so he (reluctantly) went into the kill tank too.

All the flatties were caught on the 50m mark and were full of roe. 

The weather held out and it was actually a very nice day with little to no wind and soft swell.

Thx for reading

Screenshot_20180826-155840.png

• Like 6

The Mowie prepared the right way is beautiful - simply fillet and skin - do not scale or gut - once filleted and skinned remove the rib cage and all of the black stomach lining.

Dunk the fillets in egg wash ( I squeeze fresh lemon in the egg wash and mix) then dunk in some anchor bread crumbs then pan fry in olive oil - delicious.

• Thanks 1

41 minutes ago, blairy69 said:

The Mowie prepared the right way is beautiful - simply fillet and skin - do not scale or gut - once filleted and skinned remove the rib cage and all of the black stomach lining.

Dunk the fillets in egg wash ( I squeeze fresh lemon in the egg wash and mix) then dunk in some anchor bread crumbs then pan fry in olive oil - delicious.

Thanks mate ill be sure to pass on the advice.

PS. Am i the only one that thinks mowies only come in one size !!! XXL?