Port Hacking

Yowie

Headed out early this morning near Yowie Bay.

Pulled out the tailor early on a pillie, a chunky specimen that put up a good fight for it's size, then nothing but little reddies and trumpeter stealing the baits, until the legal reddie turned up much later on a strip bait.

A few jackets about but some were less than 15 cm long.

Pumped some nippers for the run up tide, and not a bite at all. Drifted a number of areas where I saw whiting swimming about, but not a touch. At this time of year, they are probably feeding on squirt worms.fish.jpeg_160.thumb.png.e2f1151180c4108ea53a3b9c9b9334d8.png

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Fab1 said:

Geez mate,its not often you have a tough day at the office but still managed a feed non the less.Well done mate.!!

Thanks Fab. Water is still a bit cold. The water temp at Wanda Beach has risen by 1 degree to 17 in the last week. :wacko:

Yeah the struggle is real yowie! Mid season between cold and warm water species! I went out front today for about 1 hr in the sloppy chop. Almost took one over the stern so time to go! Managed 1 red at 40cm but fished the bay for a while and very unproductive! Can’t wait for the warmer water! 

Cheers scratchie!!! 

11 hours ago, Scratchie said:

Yeah the struggle is real yowie! Mid season between cold and warm water species! I went out front today for about 1 hr in the sloppy chop. Almost took one over the stern so time to go! Managed 1 red at 40cm but fished the bay for a while and very unproductive! Can’t wait for the warmer water! 

Cheers scratchie!!! 

Yes, a bit quiet just yet. Temperature at Wanda Beach now 17 degrees. :wacko:

• Like 1