George's River Mulloway

jtp

Hi all,

A bit of a delayed post. Went for a kayak session in the George's River on Labour day using soft plastics on the rising tide in the lugarno and menai area. Started in the morning at around 8am and finished fishing by 12pm. Was using a clear prawn squidgy and 2.5 watermelon zman grub. Caught 3 bream ranging from 27 - 34cm, 1 flathead at 42cm and a mulloway at 63cm. The mulloway was caught on the prawn squidgy 2 hours before high tide on a steep drop-off. Caught the others on the zman grub. Using 6lb braid to 8lb leader. Surprisingly the 34cm bream had more fight then the mulloway which was almost dead weight. Released all fish except 1 bream and the flathead which was kept for the table. 

The mulloway are out there if anyone is keen to give them a go. Hopefully next time they are a bit bigger!!

Cheers

Joe

IMG-20181001-WA0002.jpg

• Like 12

On 10/17/2018 at 10:56 PM, kingie chaser said:

Nice work Joe :biggrinthumb:

I going to try & target jews more over this summer & with some luck will get a keeper.

Thanks mate. I wish us both luck in getting that 1m+ mulloway!

On 10/18/2018 at 6:45 AM, masterfisho7 said:

Nice photo Joe looks like you had a great day great to see the Jews are around 

Thanks masterfisho. Hopefully the bigger ones will come out as well.

On 10/18/2018 at 2:43 PM, Caple666 said:

nice little jew champ and top pic too

im heading out there for a fish tomorrow arvo so great to see the jew on the chew. 

Cheers. Hope you had some success. 

On 10/18/2018 at 3:54 PM, Ribs said:

Nice fish bud, the GR will fish well this season. 

This rain will flush some bigger Jews / flatys out of there comfort zone, they love to hunt in the brown water especially near the bridges 

Thanks for the advice mate. I have had some success around both como and captain cook bridge using bait from the boat. Yet to get one above a metre though. Do you happen to know if any of size have been caught lately?