Bate Bay - quiet.

Yowie

Headed out this morning before sun-up to see a trawler cruising in Bate Bay, looked like he was packing up. Don't know what he was fishing for.

I tried a drift closer in to shore for a little blue spot, then snagged up in an area which I thought was sand. I moved out to my normal drift and not a bite. Tried a few other spots for nothing at all, where I normally catch something - guess that is where the trawler was.

Moved around and the blue spots were very scattered, one legal every half hour. Plenty of spikies and a few under sized blue spots. Quiet for an hour then pulled up the pigfish and a lump of weed so must have found a reef patch. Dropped over again, a small hit then bitten off. Jackets I think, so headed for home.

The trawler had a rest near the shoreline for a while, then headed north past Kurnell.

fish.jpeg_166.thumb.png.eadb4db81640aa0ee602c8db8a2a9ab9.png.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, GoingFishing said:

You did very well nonetheless yowie thats still a nice bag. 

Iv found the deeper waters fishing alot better lately but dont know how well equipped you are for deeper water.

Only a 14 foot boat with 15 HP motor, so I don't venture out too far.

The blue spots may be moving further out if the water temp is increasing a bit, though I think the temp is still rather cool down at 100 feet or so, where I normally fish.