Monster Crocs....?? Mate landed a dinosaur instead!!

DerekD

Over the last several months I have taken a young gentleman called Vlad under my tuition to help him improve his catch rate. It has been a lot of fun opening his eyes to the possibilities of lure fishing and the different species he has been catching. His first fish on a plastic was a 58cm flathead (which I have at times heard referred to as a croc). He picked up his first salmon yesterday and today we were chasing kings till the wind kicked in and ruined the fun.

With only a few hours to spare the decision was made to head in to Manly dam which would hopefully provide some shelter. After seeing how easy it was to catch bass with the right lures several weeks ago he has been doing pretty well there. We started flicking around our go to lures which saw some missed strikes and Vlad picking up and releasing a small bass. Then on one of the retrieves near the end of the session Vlad landed this dinosaur....

Dinosaur.thumb.JPG.d551849848fb43ace4d8658177151814.JPG

I was in awe of the young lad and got down on my knees to worship him. :D

PS. Can we get this added to the records and I should have checked what item we needed to include in the photo for catch of the month.

Edited by DerekD
  • Like 2
  • Haha 3

11 minutes ago, Sea Ranger said:

Nice Derek 😜

Were you guys using Kayaks?

Hi Mate,

It has been a while. Glad to see you are dispensing squidding advice these days. Sounds like you really have it worked out now.

Shore based this time but we discussed taking the kayaks in there for a day and doing a really big session and exploring using the fishfinder on mine.

Regards,

Derek

Edited by DerekD
  • Like 1