Monster Flatty of a Lifetime George's River

Deschanel

Hi been awhile since I posted but I had to tell this story.

Headed out solo on the George's River on Wednesday 15/05 for a flick for some Jewies. Started from Revesby Beach boat ramp and flicked my usual holes along the way. Fishing was quiet slow and I wasn't seeing much bait around as I headed my way down river.

This all changed when I got to Como and I got a hit and boy was it a hit, the fish at this stage unknown species went for a few short runs and gave a few strong head shakes. Shortly after I got to see some colour although it was the size of Jewie it was brown, I then realised that I was hooked up on a monster of a Flatty. By this stage a few people had stopped to watch as they got close one called sting ray and I called back a monster Flatty. It then had its final few runs from the surface thrashing its massive tail headed back down. I got her back to the surface and carefully tried to net her, only he head was in, and got it into the boat. Wow this was a big fish. She went 92cm on the brag mat and boy was she thick, didn't think of turning on the scales on the lip grips but the batteries were probably dead. I got the boys who stopped to take a few pics and back in she went. I swam her for a while and realised her and watched her swim down into the depths.

I would like to submit this fish in catch of the month

N.B Moderators - the hat I am wearing is actual a very dark blue, I can send a pic in better light if needed

post-4024-0-00689300-1368786606_thumb.jpg

post-4024-0-50464500-1368787055_thumb.jpg

Wow! awesome fish that really is a big girl! What lure did the damage?

It was a Pro Lure Australia 105mm Fishtail in Chopper colour soft plastic rigged on a fairly heavy jig head to combat strong current flow. Can't remember what size weight

Mate- that is one very impressive flatty! Biggest I've herd being pulled from the George's fir a very long time.

Well done and as above comments, your smile tells the whole story.

Wow! awesome fish that really is a big girl! What lure did the damage?

It was a Pro Lure Australia 105mm Fishtail in Chopper colour soft plastic rigged on a fairly heavy jig head to combat strong current flow. Can't remember what size weight

cheers no what you mean bout heavy jigs i fish upriver n for the 105mm fish i use 3/8th min

Sent from my GT-I9100T using Tapatalk 2

Great fish and isn't it just great watching one like her glide off into the depths. Maybe time for a bigger net though! Big fish like that one can come along when you are least expecting it.

What a croc and very lightly marked so Im thinking she came off sand up the George's somewhere? Congrats on a great fish and well done on the release! There have been some awesome flatty captures in April and May...ill have to get out there!

Great fish Buddy and good work on releasing her. It's amazing how more and more bigger fish appear year after year bc of good fisherman like yourself. Wish all could be the same so that everyone can enjoy monsters like the one you got. Once again good work :-)