Netting In Pittwater?

caliban

Just wondering if anyone knows anymore about pro fishermen netting in Pittwater?

I read a report from Fish Outta Water that said that pros had been hauling nets in Pittwater last week and that the kingfish stocks had been depleted. I fished one of my regular spots last Friday where I've been doing well for the last month on flathead and bream on SPs, but the spot seemed devoid of any fish and I noticed a lot of sea grass on the surface which suggests nets had been through the place.

Anyone else know what's been going on?

Cal

when will they stop all commerical fishing in sydney all together,they stopped it in botany and from all reports its probably the best fishing in sydney.i ilve 5 minutes from the bayview boat ramp and yet i drive to roseville and botany ramp to go fishing. the amount of times ive gone without a good fish in pittwater i wouldnt be able to count and yet everytime i go to botany or to the habour i come back a happy man.i pay my license fees so why should we have to drive to botany and put more pressure on their stocks rather than put a few pros out of work and get pittwater back on its feet.im sure they can find something else to do. :1badmood:

Well said lads.

If this annoys you take 10 minutes of your time and write a quick letter to Ian MacDonald, Minister for Primary Industries.

He's an arsehole and does not care but if everyone wrote a letter maybe something will change.

Ill second that - very well said eastcoastin.

Some very disturbing facts which highlight your points.

If the idea is to "buy out" these pro's it is ridiculous that they can buy different licences and go again.

They should be investigated and banned. It should also have been made that this could not be done by way of a contractual agreement.

What a joke. :ranting2:

Well said lads.

If this annoys you take 10 minutes of your time and write a quick letter to Ian MacDonald, Minister for Primary Industries.

He's an arsehole and does not care but if everyone wrote a letter maybe something will change.

Although writing the main man is always a good ploy dont forget AFMA themselves.

This organisation has the power to make all the decisions about our fisheries and is made from a board of people which doesnt include the man himself. In fact they quite openly quote the Macdonald has no real say in the day to day operations but of course are accountable to him.

My guess is letters to him may get tossed.

Perhaps a different angle to is direct any letters to the chariman of this committee Tony Rundle as well as Macdonald. This committee does after all "Establish and allocate fishing rights"

afma powers

Just a thought

By election in Pittwater this weekend , if you live in the area, ring or write or email the candidates, ( theyve bloody sent me enough paper) and ask them to tell you where they stand on this matter.

and then tell them if they want your vote you expect action on making Pittwater a no pro zone