FADs

GoingFishing

Weve had a massive stationary cold water upwelling parked off Sydney for about the last month, I saw some micro dollies in between the 9 and 12 mile when i last got out . The good news is the current seems to be picking up a bit so the upwelling will hopefully break up a bit- especially if we get a decent series of Southerly changes blowing, the good water is actually well to the south of us, there have been a few striped marlin off Sydney but in close in the slightly cooler water (@22C is what they prefer), dollies are non existant- BUT as usual that can change with a drop of a hat.Im off the water the next 2 weekends so will see what pops up after that. There is a tongue of strong current at 25C snaking its way just off the shelf so some bigger dollies will be in that.

• Like 3

Yep both Terrigal and Broken Bay fads has had constant water of 20-22 degrees, green and lifeless. I saw a few micro dollies taken from Terrigal during the week so will only be a matter of time. Another southerly blow tomorrow might mean it turns on Sunday hopefully

• Thanks 2

Went to Broken Bay FAD yesterday. No other boats. 300 odd dolphins and heaps of birds. Sounder saying 23.4 degrees which may be a bit inaccurate. 

Once dolphins left caught two dollies both small. Larger one went 55cm. Only trolled skirts.

More dollies can’t be far off. 

There are three fish traps nearby so plenty to troll past or drop livies at if too busy at the FAD.