South West Rocks Fishing Charters

Gibbofisho

G'day fellas,

I'm going to be camping at Delicate Nobby over the first week of the new year and me and me mate are thinking about getting on a charter during that week up at SWR to chase some big kings!

Has anyone here used any of the operators up there or know of what to look out for?

Cheers in advance!

Gibbo,

Probably depends on wether you wanna game fish or bottom dong for snapper and pearlies etc.

or, maybe you wanna chase kings?

Either way, best YOU talk to different operators and see who you think suits your fishing style and is prepared to accommodate you the best.

some reputable charters are:

Splashdown Charters

Gunrunner Charters

Sea Urchin II

Lauren Marie

changa

ps. if you get on google and search for charters at south west you should reach kempsy shire council site etc and you can access the ph numbers there.

Fantastic, thanks mate!

Kings it is, i cant seem to push 65cm here so i'll travell for some of these 10kg ones!

Gibbo - i can recommend SEA URCHIN which is a good platform and the dekkie is a top fisho. Have been on another boat there but nowhere near as good.

Hi Gibbofisho, SWR kings are best in Winter, the water could be between 24 and 26 deg during January so honker dollies, big cobes, small blacks , sails, wahoo, pearlies, fin, etc would be a better option when the water is toast and full of life. Sure there are kings still present, albeit in smaller numbers and size at the rock in the bath water in Jan but why bother? Most charters are hunting the above species around this time frame. The last few months the bar at the river mouth has been 1 foot dep and death closeouts and barrelling at most tides so there should be some unreal smashings and capsizings over the punter's holiday period. There's been a few lately and it will be very interesting in the school hol's. Can't wait to see common sense get thrown out the window again and keen dim wits risk life and limb in ridiculous situations- it never ceases to amaze! Goodluck with the kings, if you can still get a seat on the charters, it gets pretty busy around then..Cheers.

Cheers mate, i don;t think i'll let a good dolly/black get in the way of a pesky king :1prop:

I've got a seat on SWR fishing charters but i'm yet to confirm with my deposit as i wanted feedback, if this is the one that no one mentions pm me.

cheers again for the help, also, is delicate knobby good beach fishing?

I will be heading up to SWR for the marlin this season insearch of some bigger fishys,the bar is sure as hell an issue,I was listening in on Laurie mac commenting on how there had been 1m of water at low tide in the "channel". He was saying that he had an "A frame " on his boat that allowed him to hit bottom without damaging legs and skegs.He was saying that it can get a bit unnerving at times when it hits !!.

There was a good piece about the bar at SWR on another website that changa was able to supply info on that made for a hell of a good yarn.

This information was given in good faith but saying that it would still be prudent to go and ask at the tackle shop or the likes to see if there has been any developments on the bar that are relevent.I am sure that come summer this issue will be a good one.....how long? 7 days.