Port Hacking again

Yowie

Headed to near Lilli Pilli to try for a few tailor, and found some. One better fish amongst the small ones, and a bit of a fight on a handline, as was a kingie about the 60cm mark. All fish, including the flounder, were taken on salted tailor strips.

Pillies produced a just legal reddie and smaller flounder, both released.

Expected a crab or 2, but only 1 small female, released.

A lot of fish cracking the surface, mostly kings but lures tossed in amongst them did not get one hit.

Headed up to South West Arm hoping for a squid, but nothing there in a few spots I tried. There were many sea mullet jumping about, as sea mullet do at times. I saw one smaller one tail skipping across the surface with something large having a go at it, but the mullet made it to rocks in shallow water to hide. Time to head home.

fish.jpeg_182.thumb.png.c92703c0df7f4287ce0322e7c3619290.png

• Like 5

11 hours ago, GoingFishing said:

Nice mixed bag yowie! do you often live bait ? Seems like the right time to be dropping a livey

I send out a live yakka now and then, but mostly they just have swimming practice and don't get eaten. Tailor might chew on them now and then.

10 hours ago, jenno64 said:

Nice work Yowie, how do you eat the tailor....smoked?

I have not smoked them for many years. Cook them as fillets in a number of different ways using recipes I found in a few cook books. Also marinate them in lime juice and onto the BBQ plate for a short time.