Broughton isl

rickmarlin62

After launching fri arvo and headin to island we struggled for bait in usual areas with swell coming from two directions and 5 knots of current making my fave spots unfishable  we ended up heading to mungo this morn and got a few up there then picked a couple more reds and some bream from washes at little isl on way home..   plenty of slimies on mungo reef and at little isl   we ended up with 12 reds from legal to 58cm  3 bream  and sunburn    no fotos  fone went flat  will lay some out for a pic ltr...rick

• Like 3

Good stuff, Rick! Persisance pays off!

The seas looked sweet today, too. I went down to the weigh station for the Billfish Shootout this afternoon. It was very quiet. A few yellowfin and dollies came in this morning and one marlin was weighed. 218kg - a Blue I think (currently leading for the $12.5k prize). There was another smaller one coming in this evening (maybe a 3rd) but I left at 5:45. I think you did better on the reds!

Edited by Berleyguts

I suppose i may have been spoilt in the past...i look at a small catch in my eyes not realizing others may think more highly of that amount or size of fish...the fishing was hard last wknd  up there  my mate fished north of forster and had 6 reds up to 4.3kilo cleaned for two sessions and was dissapointed also but said a guy at cleaning table nearly had his eyes pop out when he seen the reds.....sometimes i think some of us need to take a step back and look at our catches from others eyes and we might appreciate our efforts more...rick

• Like 1