Back to the basics, BROKEN BAY FLATHEAD

JA1990

Been on the bench for past while, after taking the boat to Gosford for its annual service I arranged to head out for a run on Saturday morning. I woke up at 5.30 but was not in any hurry to get out on the water. I did not have much motivation to get out as the tide was high and I was simply unsure of what I should do. 

I thought to my self to get back to the bread and butter, so I stopped at the servo and grabbed a bag of frozen squid. We arrived at Patonga and we were soon enough underway. We decided to give the deep blue a run and made our way out to a wreck on the chart that we could not find.

Seconds after our patanostas made contact with the sea floor we were taken by surprised and pulled up 2 nice flattys. After re baiting, sure enough another 2 flathead came up, on the same patanosta. In total we pulled up 6 Flathead of size, some small squire and a sargent baker.

It was a good day out and a nice alternate to go back to bait fishing after a long while. It is a shame I see a stigma about fishing, those who bait fish are despised of, it is quiet sad. Comes under the old 'I used to be with it, but then changed what it was'

I have posted another video report to youtube and have kindly attached the link below. Please mind my rants. Swearing is sensored.

JA

Edited by JA1990
embed
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, JA1990 said:

Been on the bench for past while, after taking the boat to Gosford for its annual service I arranged to head out for a run on Saturday morning. I woke up at 5.30 but was not in any hurry to get out on the water. I did not have much motivation to get out as the tide was high and I was simply unsure of what I should do. 

I thought to my self to get back to the bread and butter, so I stopped at the servo and grabbed a bag of frozen squid. We arrived at Patonga and we were soon enough underway. We decided to give the deep blue a run and made our way out to a wreck on the chart that we could not find.

Seconds after our patanostas made contact with the sea floor we were taken by surprised and pulled up 2 nice flattys. After re baiting, sure enough another 2 flathead came up, on the same patanosta. In total we pulled up 6 Flathead of size, some small squire and a sargent baker.

It was a good day out and a nice alternate to go back to bait fishing after a long while. It is a shame I see a stigma about fishing, those who bait fish are despised of, it is quiet sad. Comes under the old 'I used to be with it, but then changed what it was'

I have posted another video report to youtube and have kindly attached the link below. Please mind my rants. Swearing is sensored.

JA

Great work mate. The flatties sure are on the chew off the northern beaches at the moment.

Not sure i agree about the stigma. I cant say for sure but the vast majority of recreational fishos still use bait based on those people i know...some use both.

On 3/6/2019 at 9:05 AM, letsgocrabbing said:

Love the irony whilst wearing a samaki shirt

quote "Wearing their shit crappy merchandise and putting shimano stickers all over the boat"

I'm glad to see you got the joke lol.