recon

recon

well today is second last day of my week off the swag is in the boat also first aid kit ,food ,tackle box,esky,rods,gerry can of water plus other sundry items two nights on the georges looking for jewies if you see me say gday easy to tell if its me recon is on the side of my boat probly round the moons gotta get one soona or later

I agree with Rick.

My theory is, the only reason people catch fish on the full moon is they don't use their torches so much.

If you must, use a torch sparingly and whatever you do, don't shine it on or at the water.

I guess the exception may be where there's lots of street lighting, but I don't fish such places.

6 hours ago, rickmarlin62 said:

We catch more jew on quarter moons than full  the full moon has bigger highs an lower low tides with huge amounts of water moving  we find the smaller tidal movements are better  the full moon being better is a myth in my opinion

Totally agree 

The reasoning is more jew get caught on the full moon cause more guys are fishing  when i used to fish our local bwall a coue of nights a week i found  that on the quarter moons if there was ten locals fishin for jew  8 or 9 would get a fish but on the full moon 20 blokes might only have 4 or 5 fish between them   on the full moon tides if you have a 2.omtr high and .3 low you have 1.7mtrs of tide flowing flat out in then out making breakwalls or rivers hard to fish   i dont ever fish for jew for at least 4days either side of full  in my experience its a waste of time n effort

• Like 2

Hi guys. Im just new here and no Jewie expert. But have fished for them and caught them in vic estuaries. Only fished at night personally from advice from those who taught me. We always fished the minimum to medium tides. This is why, not my knowledge but those I learnt from. The Mulloway are more switched on than some think. In a full estuary, big high tides, the water is too spread out and the bait fish they hunt are too scattered so it's too much effort for too little return for them. But real low tide changes, from min to max, means they are more concentrated and take less to minimum effort to find, chase and catch. Over and over I saw it play out. To the point that on the big tides you virtually got donuts in hits and hookups. But the lows to medium were the good to big traffic times. Im convinced what those guys who taught me holds true. 

• Like 1

I  do ok for jewies in Botany Bay and prefer fishing the run in on smaller tides. 

I beIieve the myth for fishing the full moon mainly relates to beach fishing as the resulting big tides results in fuller gutters which entice the jews to come in closer to shore and within easy casting distance.  Ron. 

• Like 1