Boat harbour

Coswecanfly

Packed up the ute for a day on the beach and drove to boat harbour. Hight tide when we got there and nothing touched the bait for ages.

As the tide receded and I could walk in to cast into deep water, I got a small salmon (gut hooked and bleeding heavily so he went in the esky). Just after lunch the rod tip moved and the missus got a fiddle ray (only photo for the day sorry guys).

Later on as we packed up I left the rod for last (as you do) and as I got down to it, I noticed the line running off at an oblique angle. I took it out of the holder and set the hook. Luckily I was holding on because it took off like a small freight train. Couple of meters down the beach and a while later and to my surprise I had a +- meter bronzie on the beach. Missus came running with the pliers but forgot the camera (I might have to divorce her for that one). First bronzie I've ever caught in the daytime. Poor blighter must have been hungry. Got the little bugger in the water soonest and he swam off strong. Followed him through the breakers just to make sure. 

All in all another beautiful winters day on the beach. 

20190720_142623~2.jpg

• Like 3

The last cast or last line out so often gets the fish of the day.  Very nice way to finish the day.    

If I take pics on my iPhone and want to reduce the size I email them to myself and it asks what size. 

• Like 1