Help - Botany Bay & Georges River

Dancindan

Hey fishing people,

After some advice. Recently moved to Sans Souci and have a boat. Been out 5 times now in various spots around the woolaware bay and georges river. So far have only caught a few small break and a small flatty. Been using prawns mainly and some soft plastics.

Any tips on spots would be great. Tired of come home with nothing.

6 hours ago, Dancindan said:

Hey fishing people,

After some advice. Recently moved to Sans Souci and have a boat. Been out 5 times now in various spots around the woolaware bay and georges river. So far have only caught a few small break and a small flatty. Been using prawns mainly and some soft plastics.

Hey mate 

I suggest buying some blood worms from your local tackle shop and head over to Towra for some whiting bream and flathead. Take care not to anchor in the weeds and keep an eye on the tides as it does get pretty shallow there. It may still be a little early for whiting at the moment but around December is when they really start to come on.

Hope this helps 

Don't be discouraged mate.  The Georges River can be tough at times.  Took me time on the water to learn the system.  

I reckon it's still yet to come out of hibernation completely after winter(cooler months), but it will start to produce.  

Keep at it, even if you don't catch anything, I'm sure you're learning the system, you just don't know you are yet.  

As for the bay, well same goes.  It will start to produce as we warm up.  Again, learning the bay does take some time also.

I found that targetting one specific species over a month or so in both the bay and river helped me heaps.  Perhaps try this method.

Remember, Rome wasn't built in a day, by learning the system's yourself for different species, you will gain knowledge yourself, and for this reason alone, you will feel better when you achieve the results you desire.

9 hours ago, Dancindan said:

Hey fishing people,

I would suggest spending some time having a look on here for old threads via the search tab!

There is a lot of info in here worth looking at :thumbup:

You have to start somewhere & that's how I arrived here, doing research on possible locations 😉

Edited by kingie chaser