hey i have a 30 hp motor with 22 lt fuel tank how long will this last me in shore

Alfie12345

Guest Guest123456789

This might help. My tinny is 14 foot and I have a 30hp 2 stroke. I carry quite a bit of gear too. 22 lites of fuel and I had about 2 litres left. I had two crew on board and seas and wind were rough. 30% throttle most of the time (8 knots) except in the bay where about 80% throttle (16 knots)

FFDB0BAD-DA17-4DF1-B203-D3079A529DB2.png

Edited by Guest123456789
Typo

I have a 13ft tinny, 25hp 2 stroke with 25ltr tank.

I usually get 4 or 5 trips (4 to 5 hours mostly on  my own!) out of it scooting around in botany bay from spot to spot then drift fish mostly & occasionally anchoring.

If its a concern carry 10ltr plastic jerry can with you if you think you will be out for a long time or going somewhere over night.

Imo if would be hard to consume a whole 22ltrs in 1 day around the harbour.

Trail & error, run it, look at the tank gauge & see how much you have used!

Edited by kingie chaser

I had a 15ft tinny with a 30Hp 2 stroke Mercury all the gear, bait tank, 2 anchor sets ect , would launch at Roseville fish the Harbour all day with plenty of moving round, and would use 11L on my own (88kg) or with 2 (160kg) and use 15L.

As the others said it all depends on if its a 2 or 4 stroke, weight of boat, gear and people inside. I doubt you would ever use 22L in a day unless you went outside. 

PS. I ran it pretty it much flat out when moving spots, and coming and going from the boat ramp.