Port Hacking- First time

LittleNipper

Hi Raiders 😀

First time post, been lurking a long time since i purchased my first boat a couple months back. New to fishing and new to boating

Went out to port hacking to sus out a couple boat ramps after spending countless work nights filtering through the 186,504 fishing posts

Decided to checkout wally wharf and yowie before launching my boat there this upcoming sunday. I fished off both wharfs and at the baths for leather jacket, bream and flatheads (My target species was leatherjacket though). I was using prawns for bait and caught 6 bream......all undersize and no leather jacket :(

Had a lot of bites so I can see the potential. I'm planning to take the boat back to the hacking so hopefully will be better on the boat rather than land based. Any recommendations between the 2 boat ramps? And any tips and places for heading out on the hacking for the first time

My plan is to fish lilli pilli baths (not 100% sure what i mean by this) as far as i know ill just be fishing around the moored boats and in front of the bath itself 

Apparently there is a channel near the maianbar flats that produce good whiting so ill try that too. Is that the flats in the photos below where people pump the little nippers? 

I'll keep you guys updated! 

Photo below of where I'm planning to go, very open to other  recommendations 

Screenshot_20191030-185056_Drive.jpg

You can pump nippers from Deeban Spit to the west, to Fishermans Bay and further west.

Pump nippers at low to mid tide, though mid tide you may be standing in knee deep water.

Whiting are starting to come on the bite, though plenty just undersized. You will find the whiting around the nipper beds, or squirt worm beds.

Bream about now, leatherjackets better after Christmas.

Hey there, if it was me I would probably look at launching from Grays Point or the end of Water St in Burraneer Bay for my first time launching the boat. I'm kayak based and places like Wallys can have some very impatient boaties waiting to launch on the weekend unless you get there very early. Good luck on the maiden voyage 👍  

hey

I agree with damos grays point is a better boat ramp to launch from.  try pumping nippers at the grays point sand flats there is heaps there and fish the incoming tide with nippers floated down current (works for me) if that doesn't work lots of action around Lilli Pilli sand flats and south west arm. you might need to ask a boat for a tow as it is a trek on the kayak.

good luck