Recomendations on a new rod purchase

fishii

Hi All

I'm planning to get a new rod . Prefer a rod around 7ft in length in 2 sections (easy to carry on train / ferry) able to cast lures around 40gms . Do you guys have personal recomendations based on personal experience .Hoping rod to be worth around 200$

Hi Fishii,

Shimano Raider snapper 762 (5-8kg) 15 to 45 gm lure weight. Should be able to pick it up for $100-$110 with some careful shopping. Try Dinga.

The other one I have been looking at recently is the ArrowZ range of rods. In this case I'd suggest picking up the AAS-270H DPSM 7ft 2 piece Spin 14 - 30lb 10 - 50g. Should be able to find it for under $140. I don't own one yet as I didn't want to stop using the Raider Snapper but I've bought a couple of other rods in their line up and am happy with those.

Regards,

Derek

PS. What reel are you thinking of matching it with? I'm running Shimano 4000 (Stradics or a Sedona) with 10 to 15lb line on mine. It balances pretty well.

Edited by DerekD

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎11‎/‎23‎/‎2019 at 7:28 AM, DerekD said:

The other one I have been looking at recently is the ArrowZ range of rods. In this case I'd suggest picking up the AAS-270H DPSM 7ft 2 piece Spin 14 - 30lb 10 - 50g. Should be able to find it for under $140. I don't own one yet as I didn't want to stop using the Raider Snapper but I've bought a couple of other rods in their line up and am happy with those.

I swung past my local tackle store - I own one AAS-270H DPSM 7ft 2 piece Spin 14 - 30lb 10 - 50g now.

It would only be a sickness if I couldn't afford it and was taking food off the table from the kids that I don't actually have. Kind of like the pokies but with a feel good win every time I walk out of the store.

:1prop:

Edited by DerekD

On 11/23/2019 at 7:28 AM, DerekD said:

Hi Fishii,

Shimano Raider snapper 762 (5-8kg) 15 to 45 gm lure weight. Should be able to pick it up for $100-$110 with some careful shopping. Try Dinga.

Regards,

Derek

PS. What reel are you thinking of matching it with? I'm running Shimano 4000 (Stradics or a Sedona) with 10 to 15lb line on mine. It balances pretty well.

Cant go won't with the raider snapper rod - I have two of them 🤣

• 2 weeks later...